A logo is one of the most important parts of a brand, as it is used to improve and promote public recognition. The logo of a company has many jobs such as telling the story of the brand, as well as promoting, symbolising, introducing and indentifying a brand. Usually when first starting up, a business will design a logo with a digital media agency, although even well-known brands often change their logos during a rebranding. There are many different types of logos that an organisation can have, and they can be used in different ways.
Types of Logos
Some of the more popular types of logos include:
- Wordmarks – When logos just used typed words, usually the name of the brand in a certain font and colour.
- Symbols – Using shapes to tell a story and identify products. Symbols are used as a great way to create international recognition without language barriers.
- Initials – Similar to the wordmarks, some logos simply use the initials of a brand.
- Seals – A logo design or graphic that normally represents a country, place or official organisation
Uses of Logos
Logos have many uses to a business such as:
- Packaging – Boxes, labels, paper.
- Products – Printing, engraved, embossed, molded.
- Uniforms – Apparel, nametags, vehicles.
- Online marketing – Banners on the website, email headings and signatures, social media images, graphics and videos.
- Signs – Interior and exterior signs, vinyl banners, badges, vehicle stickers, trade show signs.
If you don’t want to go the traditional way for your wedding and are looking for ideas to make your special day more unique, there are lots of ideas to think about. From special cocktails to exclusive foods, DIY decorations and extraordinary performances, there are endless ways to make your wedding day different to others. Your wedding cake is an important part of the day, and this can be unique by making it out of doughnuts, blocks of cheese or your favourite type of food. Another way to make your wedding cake distinctive is by using a different topper, unlike the usual model of a bride and groom. Here are a number of unique ideas for your wedding cake topper:
- Dolls: Find, make your own or custom order unique peg dolls to represent the bride and groom, and use the clothes to show off heritage or add a touch of humour.
- Fresh Flowers: Perfect for country weddings Sussex, fresh flowers are a reminder of spring and add both texture and colour to a cake.
- Polaroid Pictures: Take one photo of the happy couple or separate Polaroid pictures of the bride and groom and stick in to the cake using wire holders for an old-school look.
- Toys: Similar to the doll idea, toys can be used as cake toppers. Toys such as Lego people, cars or even Barbie’s are a fun, personal touch that brings back memories from the past.
Golf is one of the most popular sports in the world and it is played now in over 100 countries. In recent years the sport has seen a large growth in popularity, similar to the growth during the 1960’s and 1990’s. In the developed areas of Canada, Australia, USA and South Africa golf has been popular for decades and continues to grow. In Asia, golf has been admired in Japan for many years, but it is now becoming more and more popular in countries such as Vietnam, South Korea and China. In Europe, although already widely played in many countries, there has been active growth in the popularity of golf in Croatia, France, Germany, Latvia, the Czech Republic and Russia.
Increase in Popularity
With golf recently being included in the Olympics, more people have become aware of the sport and are therefore playing it. The International Golf Federation is supporting development efforts in 118 countries to support the sport. The popularity of golf in a single country is judged on a number of points such as number of golfers including men, women and children, and the number of golf courses.
International Golf Courses
There hundreds of thousands of golf courses all around the world, some more unique than others. Some avid players of the sport will travel to different countries to try out renowned courses. There is also the option of using the golf driving range Surrey where you can try out a number of famous golf courses virtually from the comfort of one venue.
In Britain it is legal to finish school at 16, although it is recommended that you stay in training or education to prepare for the future. After school is over and you have got your GCSE results, it is time to decide which path to take that will lead you to the future you are hoping for. In Kent, there are a number of choices including:
A popular option is to stay on at school full time at a sixth form or at a college to gain qualifications or A-Levels for university. Most secondary schools in Kent have sixth forms which are often smaller than colleges and offer more structured teaching and student support. Colleges on the other hand are usually bigger and more informal, as students are expected to be able to handle their own time and work, and be independent. Sixth forms generally have a range of A-Level subjects but colleges will certainly have more courses available such as accountants Kent, IT, teaching, building and much more.
An apprenticeship is a great way to learn, train, get experience, and earn all at the same time as getting your qualification. Colleges or employers in Kent will offer apprenticeships where you will work in a real job whilst training and earning a salary at the same time until you are qualified.
- Work Experience and Volunteering
Work experience and volunteering is usually unpaid but provides knowledge and training that can be useful in the future.
The roof is one of the most important parts of a property, as it provides security, shelter and holds the structure together. A roof can last for decades, but for most homeowners the day will come where it needs to be replaced. This is an expensive yet critical task that will keep your property strong and in good condition. The costs for a new roof can vary depending on a variety of factors such as the roof size and type, and the materials that will be used. For the large expense however, it is important that the job is done right, so here is some important advice to know before buying a roof.
- Before installing a new roof, the old one must be stripped away which is another cost. The task must be completed just before the new roof will be installed so the house is not left vulnerable without a proper roof.
- If the roof is still young, it may be able to be repaired rather than replaced. Make sure to get a second opinion, as repairing can be much cheaper and damaging fungus can easily be removed by a professional firm for roof cleaning Woking.
- When selecting the new roof, make sure to shop around to find the best offers and the top roofing contractors who will do the job professionally.
- It is often worth spending slightly more to get a better roof that will last longer, have an improved performance and look better.
If your kitchen is very cluttered then this can make your whole house feel disorganised. To tidy up and upgrade a kitchen, installing a pantry should be at the top of your list. Many kitchens Chichester and nationwide are beginning to realise the practicality of using pantries no matter what size. When most people think about a pantry they think of a walk-in storage room close to or inside the kitchen, but there are now many different kinds of pantries that can be freestanding, portable, reach-in, pull-out, wall mounted, swing-out, and much more in different styles, shapes and sizes.
- For easy access, a wheel around shelf pantry is very useful. With a number of shelves that spin underneath each other, many different ingredients can be kept in this portable pantry.
- Freestanding pantries are useful for kitchens that have the space to place them but not enough space to build a walk-in pantry. Use a wardrobe or dresser style as a freestanding pantry.
- Customise your pantry with shelves, hanging space, drawers and boxes depending on what you want to store in there.
- If you have a corner in the kitchen that is not being used, why not place a corner freestanding pantry there.
- An old cabinet or table can even be used as a pantry, it doesn’t matter the shape or size, it just matters how you used it and where it is placed in the kitchen. Remember a pantry should be placed in a dry area away from direct sunlight.
Driving a large vehicle is very different from an average sized car, and manoeuvring it can be difficult without training due to the sheer size of the vehicle. Reversing a large vehicle in to a parking space can be especially difficult, and precautions must be made to not hit another vehicle, third party property or pedestrian. Here are some tips for backing a large vehicle in to a parking space:
- Use a reverse camera – Using a HGV reversing camera is very useful when driving a large vehicle, especially when backing in to a parking space. The camera is mounted on the back of the vehicle and the screen on the dashboard will show the driver everything that is behind the vehicle, preventing a range of minor and major accidents. The camera will also provide a clear view of the parking space and help with the manoeuvring needed to park.
- Understand mechanics – Large vehicles that are one piece or have the cab attached will be easier to reverse as they are driven similarly to cars except they require more space depending on the size. Vehicles with separate cabs or trailers attached are more complicated, as the back part of the vehicle will turn the opposite way to the steering wheel. This usually requires some practice to understand and get used to.
- Techniques – There are a number of techniques that can be used to back a large vehicle in to a parking space such as parallel, straight back and offset back parking.
Installing underfloor heating has become one of the most popular home improvements in recent years. There are many benefits to underfloor heating and although there is an initial outlay, the benefits make up for this over time. Here are the top 5 benefits of underfloor heating:
Heated flooring will provide more comfort in the home. The temperature of each room can be controlled and the heat will be more consistent compared to radiators. Installing underfloor heating Surrey and across the UK where the weather can be cold throughout the year, a home can be much more comfortable.
- Energy efficient and low maintenance
A floor can retain more heat than radiators so much less energy is needed to keep a house warm. Money can be saved by using underfloor heating compared to other heating methods. Underfloor heating systems also require very little maintenance once installed.
Using underfloor heating is much more hygienic compared to more traditional heating methods. When heat is created through a radiator or within the walls, a floor remains cold and sometimes damp. This creates an environment where dust mites can live and breed, which is unhygienic and can be damaging to the respiratory system. Heated flooring however makes the room too dry and warm for dust mites and will reduce the amount by over 75%.
- Works with different flooring
Previously, underfloor heating could only be used with stone or tile floors. These days however it can be used under a variety of flooring options such as wood, vinyl, carpet and more.
A Mercedes Benz is unlike most other cars and the higher price to purchase one is an investment. The high quality of the internal parts and craftsmanship mean that the car has been built to last longer than an ordinary car. Mercedes servicing should still be regular, however they are often able to go much longer than other brands without servicing. That being said, you want your car to be working well to avoid expensive repairs and damage. So here are some useful tips to increase the lifespan of your Mercedes.
Signs for a Service
- Hoses – The hoses must be replaced when they begin to look fat and spongy.
- Belts – If you notice nicks or cracks in the belts then they need to be replaced.
- Fluids – All fluids need to be at the right level such as oil, brake fluid, transmission fluid, water etc. Oil in a Mercedes should usually be changed yearly or every 10,000 miles.
- Filters – The oil filter should be changed regularly for optimum engine performance and the air filter should be cleaned.
- Tyres – The tyres should be replaced when the tread looks or feels low. Air pressure should be checked regularly, as low tyre pressure will create more friction and use more fuel.
- Spark Plugs – The spark plugs usually need servicing after 90,000 miles, however they should be checked more often than this.
- Lights – Check that the head lights, tail lights, turn signals, reverse lights, hazard lights and brake lights are all working, if not they need to be serviced as soon as possible.